Google 3rd Party OAuth Setup
In order to connect to Google data from various services Matillion ETL requires that OAuth is configured. Before you can configure OAuth in Matillion ELT you first need to enable it in your Google account. To do this
- Navigate to https://console.developers.google.com
- Log in with your normal Google credentials
- Select Go to project → Create a project (Or select a preexisting project to use)
- Enter a name for the Project and click create
- When the project has been created (which can take a few minutes) you will be redirected to the dashboard
- Click the menu (top left) and select APIs & services → Credentials
- OAuth consent screen and enter a 'Product name shown to users' if there is not already one.
- Next select Create Credentials → OAuth client ID
- Choose Web Application, enter a name for your Credentials and add an authorised redirect URI. This must match the address and protocol you use to access Matillion ETL and must not be an IP address. It should be in the following format:
http(s)://<matillion instance hostname>/oauth_redirect.htmlIf you access Matillion ETL via an IP you will need to get your system administrators to provide a DNS entry please contact Matillion Support (email@example.com) for more details.
- Click Create and record your Credentials. You will use these in the Matillion ETL OAuth setup.
- Finally we need to authorise the application to use the correct google API's. Select APIs & services → Library from the Left hand menu and find the API you want to use.
- For Google BigQuery choose BigQuery API
- For Google Analytics choose Analytics API
- For Google Sheets choose the Google Sheets API
- For YouTube Analytics choose YouTube Analytics API
- For Google Drive Table choose Google Drive API
- For Adwords the API is automatically enabled however you will need to apply for a developer token.
- Click Enable API
- Next see Setting up OAuth in Matillion ETL to finish the configuration.
Note: Google OAuth from Matillion ETL may request permission to access multiple Google services such as YouTube, Adwords, Analytics and Sheets, even though you might not use such services yourself or indeed have them enabled in the API. This is because the Google 3rd Party OAuth is responsible for authorising potentially many different components in Matillion ETL at once.