Marketo 3rd Party OAuth Setup
Below we outline how to connect Matillion ETL to your Marketo account using a simple OAuth setup. The process can be understood in 2 parts - collecting details from your Marketo account and then entering those details into Matillion ETL. This process is necessary before beginning to use the Marketo Query component.
Collecting Details From MarketoTo configure your OAuth for Marketo, you will need 2 pieces of information from your Marketo account; a Client Id and a Client Secret.
- Ensure you are logged into the Marketo Developer Portal with the account you wish to connect to Matillion ETL.
- Click the 'Admin' link at the top-right of the page.
- Click 'LaunchPoint' from the left-hand menu under 'Integration'.
- Click the 'View Details' link beside the service you wish to connect to Matillion ETL.
- Make note of the 'Client Id' and 'Client Secret' found in the Details popup box.
- Close the Details popup box and navigate to 'Web Services' using the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Web Services page and make note of your 'Endpoint'.
Configuring the Matillion ETL Instance
Log into your Matillion ETL instance and from the Project Menu select 'Manage OAuth'. Use the + button at the lower-left of the Manage OAuth window to add a new OAuth method.
From the 'Service' dropdown menu select 'Marketo' and name the entry whatever you please. Now find that same entry from the list in the Manage OAuth window and select the green cogwheel icon beside it to edit the OAuth details.
Fill in the Client ID and Client Secret with the Client Id and Client Secret, respectively, that we found in the previous section. Hit 'Next' and the OAuth config should close and be ready for use.
You are now free to close the Manage OAuth window. If the OAuth was unsuccessful, ensure your Marketo account is set up correctly and that the details entered are correct. If this still fails, do not hesitate to contact Matillion ETL support for hands-on help.
Now that your OAuth is configured, it can be used by selecting the entry name from the Marketo Query component's 'Authentication' property. Finally, you will need to put in the 'Rest Endpoint' that we found in the previous section before selecting a Data Source.