Salesforce Marketing Cloud 3rd Party OAuth
Creating an Authentication App
When using the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Query component, users can select either REST or SOAP for the "Service Type" property. If a user selects SOAP, authentication requires the input of their Salesforce Marketing Cloud username and password.
However, if a user selects the REST Service Type, Matillion ETL requires users to complete an "Authentication" property. This article is a step-by-step guide for completing this authentication process.
Click the Manage button. Then, in the Manage OAuth window, copy your "Callback URL" and then click the cog icon. Now, please follow the below steps.
1. Log in to Salesforce Marketing Cloud here.
2. Once logged in, click your username in the top right of the page. In this example, the username is "development". Clicking this will trigger a drop-down menu. In this drop-down menu, click "Setup".
3. On the next page, navigate to the column running down the left-hand-side, and click "Apps", followed by "Installed Packages".
4. Navigate to the top right once more, and click "New".
5. Give your new Package a name and a description, as per the below screenshot.
6. Next, click on your new Package, and then click the "Add Component" button.
7. Set the Component Type as "API Integration" and click "Next".
8. Next, set the Integration Type as "Web App" and click "Next".
9. The next page requires users to set the Web App Properties. In the "URIs" field, paste your Callback URL from the Manage OAuth window in Matillion ETL (see the second screenshot in this article if you are unsure). Next, click "Save".
10. In the next screenshot, the Client ID, Client Secret, and Authentication Base URI must be copied into Matillion. In the Manage OAuth window of Matillion ETL, click the cog icon (if you didn't earlier) that corresponds to your OAuth row. Paste the Client ID, Secret, and Base URI into the Client ID, Client Secret, and Subdomain fields respectively. Then click "Next".
11. Click the "Authorization link" and follow this final process to completion. You will then return to Matillion ETL and see a success message. You have now configured authentication for the REST Service Type.