Matillion ETL for Snowflake Quick-Start Guide
If you are experienced in AWS and AWS Marketplace offerings follow these minimal instructions:
- Select the product from the marketplace using the Amazon Machine Image fulfillment option within the region of your choosing.
- Continue through the setup and choose Launch through EC2.
- When directed to the EC2 Console choose either t2.medium, m4.large, m4.xlarge according to the required number of users. (details explained here).
- Start the instance in a VPC subnet with internet access (Matillion needs to connect to the AWS API’s and Snowflake as a bare minimum).
- Attach an IAM Role that has the following predefined policies (details here).
- Under Security Group Settings click Create New Based On Seller Settings to add a security group with SSH (port 22) and HTTP(S) (port 80 and 443) access to the instance.
- Launch the instance.
- Connect to the instance with a browser using the host name and log in with the username ec2-user and password instance ID.
- Complete the Create Project setup screen to create your first project and connect to your Snowflake environment. Use the test button to ensure connectivity to Snowflake before continuing.
Next StepsLog in to your copy of Matillion with ec2-user and the instance ID i-xxxxxxxx (e.g. i-88ed92c6)
Administer your instance of Matillion ETL for Snowflake using the <hostname>/admin URL to manage users and other configuration.